Begin the Process
We start with an initial, complimentary phone consultation to discuss your problem areas. This dialogue begins the assessment of your needs and goals. We ask:
- What’s the impact of clutter on your life?
- Has it been weeks since you’ve seen the top of your desk?
- How often do you buy something to replace an item lost and then find the original later?
- Do you have clothes in your closet you haven’t worn in 3 years and find it hard to get rid of?
- Is your garage so full there is no room for the car? If so, why?
To make our first conversation more valuable, you can send digital photos of the trouble-spots. “A picture is worth a thousand words.” This helps to assess the challenges and scope of work.
Understand your Situation
We will work together as a team. Side-by-side we’ll create an individual solution. On arrival, we will tour your space, assess your present possessions and evaluate your storage and spatial challenges. We will suggest a variety of solutions and offer resources. We can field measure and sketch to help you visualize.
Plan and Action
We will coach and assist you to:
- Set reasonable goals
- Plan the project in terms of space & time
- Stay positive and focused
- Divide and conquer your possessions
- Design spatial and system options
- Provide maintenance techniques
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a Professional Organizer?
Professional Organizers assist others to organize their lives. An organizer guides, encourages and educates a client about the basic principles of organizing with support, focus and direction.
Will you throw my “stuff” away?
We will not throw away your “stuff” and you have the final decision. The process includes asking questions, making observations and offering suggestions to help you decide what is important to you.
How long will it take?
Each project and client is unique. It depends on the size of your home or office, the amount of clutter and how quickly you make decisions.
How much do you charge?
We charge an hourly fee for all organizing jobs with a 3-hour minimum. There is little that can be accomplished in less than 3 hours.
EXECUTIVE ORDER offers a pre-paid package of 10 hours for a reduced fee.
EXECUTIVE ORDER accepts the following credit cards: MasterCard, VISA, and Discover.
The phone consultation is complimentary and we encourage you to send digital photos of your problem areas for a more focused dialogue.
Is our time together confidential?
As a NAPO member, we sign a Code of Ethics. This protects your privacy. We are aware of the high level of trust you place in this effort and would not breach that trust.
If you have other questions we didn’t answer, call 301.503.2551 or send an email to Janice@executiveorderdc.com.
Did you know?
- 80% of what we keep in our homes is never used.
- 20% of our budget $$$ are lost because of disorganization.
- A full, 4-drawer file cabinet holds 18,000 pages.
- 80% of what we file never gets looked at again.
- We wear 20% of the clothes we own 80% of the time. The rest hangs there, just in case.
- 25% of people with 2-car garages fill it with stuff and don’t park their cars inside. 32% have room to park only one car.
- Buildings, not cars, produce the most CO2 in the US. The average new house is 45% bigger than it was 30 years ago.